seat angle knobs

The forum for all of your technical questions on your classic FIAT autos
cgranju
mille club
Last Name:

Re: seat angle knobs

Post by cgranju » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:39 pm

<no seat angle knob content>
Don't worry about derailing, Ramzi, I had already wrecked us here.
Chris Granju
sunny East TN
owner of a number of Fiats built prior to 1986
bartigue
cinquemila club
Last Name: Artigue
First Name: Bradley

Post by bartigue » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Inspired by this thread I worked on the recliner knob of my 82 today. If the coupe is the same then it has a plastic cover over a cheap metal “compression fit” thing with three tabs that clamp over the plastic knobs innards

Want pics? I can take some tomorrow
-----------------------------------------------------------
Brad Artigue
1982 Spider 2000
I've restored, worked on, sold, bartered, and bled for:
1970, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982 124 Spiders -- 1969, 1970 850 Spiders -- 77 X1/9
http://fiat.artigue.com
SimcaBertone66
Last Name: DeGasperis
First Name: Joseph

Post by SimcaBertone66 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:25 am

Ramzi..... Thanks for the kind words, but you made some of my first café of the day (7 am in NY) come out my FN nose ... back at you !
I use the FB 124 site for amusement mostly, and to "show off" to the rubes ....lol When I don't see any name's of folks I actually have met in person at FFO's of yore, or at least been associated with one way or another in 30+ years of messing with old Fiat cars I make a face, .... I wrinkle my nose at what some folks propagate about our old Fiats.. it's a free country... and yes Brad, FB is inherently evil, underhanded, subversive, crassly commercial, yada yada ... but reconnecting to people that were once very significant in my life is uplifting , for me ........also connecting with folks in the USA and around the world with Simca cars is also important to me ..... but after all is said and done, ... It is me, advancing age, health issues, need to really start "downsizing" in preparation for the inevitable move form a house and garage to a condo ... (with a splendid view of the Hudson River) I have "only" 4 cars to deal with, but the reality is, at least 3 need to go .... it is, what it is ....

To quote that very loveable, and slightly annoying(tongue in cheek) Bobby R, ....."love you, love your show"
Joe DeGasperis
cgranju
mille club
Last Name:

Post by cgranju » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:20 am

I am probably an outlier on this, but I enjoy Facebook. Stupid stuff propagated there doesn't upset me...I've had too much real stuff in life to be bent out of shape because someone is ignorant about something (i.e.,many of the technical based groups...cars, bicycles, etc) or has a political point of view I don't share. It takes all kinds, I figure. Taken lightly (maybe with a bit of Joe's philosophy), it's fun enough, provides a nice distraction during dull moments and (most significantly), it's become an enjoyable mode of banter among friends old & new where we can laugh at the dark comedy of life or plan a bike ride with friends or help someone link into good 'net communities like this one.

And, of note, I've thoroughly enjoyed Joe's contributions to the social media Fiat world!
Chris Granju
sunny East TN
owner of a number of Fiats built prior to 1986
SimcaBertone66
Last Name: DeGasperis
First Name: Joseph

Post by SimcaBertone66 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:58 pm

Thanks Chris, known you a long time, I think I met you for the first time ever, was at Joe Serra's shop in Valhalla NY. late 1990 / you were literally running in and out of the shop carrying loads of NOS Fiat treasures. It seemed you were having fun, but with Joe Serra, who knew what he was thinking... or about to pull...lol Maybe you needed to run before he changed hid mind...lol
Joe DeGasperis
RicardoIII
Last Name: Landeira
First Name: Ricardo

Post by RicardoIII » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:43 pm

Thank you all who chimed in--about the seat back adjusting knobs LOL. Got it done. The car was delivered to me from the painting shop yesterday so as I reassemble I'm sure I'll need your expert help from time to time.
Ric