Clip drawings in library

The forum for all of your technical questions on your classic FIAT autos
paulc
Last Name: Consolini
First Name: Paul

Clip drawings in library

Post by paulc » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:05 pm

In regards to the trim clip drawings in the library, shapeways.com is a custom 3D print to order house if anyone's interested in creating some.
fp55scca
duemila club
Last Name:

Re: Clip drawings in library

Post by fp55scca » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:56 pm

paulc wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:05 pm
...In regards to the trim clip drawings in the library, shapeways.com is a custom 3D print to order house if anyone's interested in creating some.
-------------------------------------------
--Paul, this looks like a good tip, but could you please clarify for me. When you say "trim clip drawings" in the library, what exactly are you referring to? A particular page or drawing would be helpful. Is that "trim clip" as in clips used to attach trim pieces? Sorry, but you lost me.
Jim Scurria
Norfolk, VA

1972 Fiat 124 Spider
1971 Spider - SCCA FP-24
1974 CSA Abarth Replica
1981 Fiat Spider Ratrod
kmead
Last Name: Karl
First Name: Mead

Re: Clip drawings in library

Post by kmead » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:32 pm

A fine gentleman who is redoing a AC Sport Coupe took an existing clip from his car, drew it up in CAD, exported a STL file to send to a printer and then had the part printed using a deposition printer.

He showed people and after being asked, he kindly offered his files to everyone for free. His name is Martin Hoegg and he posts over on the Facebook group Everything Fiat 124, his Coupe is going to be like new when he is done. You can thank him for offering the model for free, he provided images, a STP CAD file and the STL file to take directly to a printing service or print on your own machine.

The original parts are generally NLA and are old and brittle. It is a simple part that could be tooled fairly easily but has not been so someone taking a good existing part, replicating it and making it available to the community gratis is a wonderful thing

I have made similar parts files available on XWeb for insulation patterns and other parts in the past.

I sent the files to Brad yesterday evening and he is kindly hosting them for whoever needs them.
1969 850 Sport Coupe
1970 124 Sport Coupe
1985 X1/9, ugly but fun to drive. Olive trees are hell on paint and interiors apparently. Who knew?
1987 X1/9 slowly coming back
And a few appliances for day to day