Literature, Brad Artigue

The all purpose conversational forum
mmudge
mille club
Last Name: Mudge
First Name: Mike

Literature, Brad Artigue

Post by mmudge » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:43 pm

I just mailed you almost 28 lbs of delightful scraps. There is enough there for you to branch off into a couple more models, and info galore. What you don't need auction it off to further the cause. There's an easy 125 lbs still to ship. I'm saving the binders for the Greyhound Freight shipment.

Chow Mein,

Mudge
bartigue
cinquemila club
Last Name: Artigue
First Name: Bradley

Re: Literature, Brad Artigue

Post by bartigue » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:11 pm

mmudge wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:43 pm
I just mailed you almost 28 lbs of delightful scraps. There is enough there for you to branch off into a couple more models, and info galore. What you don't need auction it off to further the cause. There's an easy 125 lbs still to ship. I'm saving the binders for the Greyhound Freight shipment.

Chow Mein,

Mudge
Dang it - I meant to call you and I got busy. I'll try and call this weekend. Thanks so much for doing this, Mike, preserving the history. Jen will be happy to see me bring home another bookshelf to store it all! And I guess I need another scanner - my current one is so full of debris from scanning stuff I'm not sure it can be cleaned!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Brad Artigue
1982 Spider 2000
I've restored, worked on, sold, bartered, and bled for:
1970, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982 124 Spiders -- 1969, 1970 850 Spiders -- 77 X1/9
http://fiat.artigue.com
mmudge
mille club

Post by mmudge » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:32 pm

There are numerous 2 x 3' wiring diagrams, meant for the wall, but very readable! :) Technical training manuals for trannys, diffs, and motors. Most of the binders are line drawing parts manuals. There's a 600 D manual, a 1500 Cabrio manual, a couple of thin Lancia books. The really weathered '50's and 60's owners manuals are very delicate (think Dead Sea Scrolls) but all fairly complete. There are many duplicates, dealer price lists (useless), and an interior fabric board. Oh, and a very clean Turbo Service manual.

I think your Summer is booked. ;)

Mudge
bartigue
cinquemila club
Last Name: Artigue
First Name: Bradley

Post by bartigue » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:16 am

mmudge wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:32 pm
There are numerous 2 x 3' wiring diagrams, meant for the wall, but very readable! :) Technical training manuals for trannys, diffs, and motors. Most of the binders are line drawing parts manuals. There's a 600 D manual, a 1500 Cabrio manual, a couple of thin Lancia books. The really weathered '50's and 60's owners manuals are very delicate (think Dead Sea Scrolls) but all fairly complete. There are many duplicates, dealer price lists (useless), and an interior fabric board. Oh, and a very clean Turbo Service manual.

I think your Summer is booked. ;)

Mudge
Wow. Those wiring diagrams do well in a big scanner (which I have access to).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Brad Artigue
1982 Spider 2000
I've restored, worked on, sold, bartered, and bled for:
1970, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982 124 Spiders -- 1969, 1970 850 Spiders -- 77 X1/9
http://fiat.artigue.com
scrapironchef
Last Name: Larry
First Name: Nelson

Post by scrapironchef » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:58 pm

mmudge wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:43 pm

Chow Mein,

Mudge
Mudge - Check with your Post Office for the "Media Rate". It's for shipping books and the like, not fast but it used to be incredibly cheap.
Larry N.

79 Blue Spider
mmudge
mille club

Post by mmudge » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:47 pm

I did ship Media Mail, thanks. The last batch could ship via Greyhound. They are good for heavy items (5 spd tranny), and odd shaped cargo (124 Spider hood), for a reasonable rate. They won't deliver to your address and their terminals are along well traveled hwys. Ya gotta go get it.
cgranju
mille club
Last Name:

Post by cgranju » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:43 pm

Brad, if you need any help on the large format scanning, I think I have a machine I have access to.

Greyhound is a weird beast. I've shipped a number of large & strangely shapped/packaged parts and it's always been surprisingly quick & inexpensive. Where it seems to fail is when the package would have to change buses. I ran into this selling some 124 Coupe parts to a guy in ID. In the end, I ended up meeting an 18-wheeler driver from his company when he was passing through Knoxville & he gave the pieces (a hood & bumpers, if I recall) a lift...even better!
Chris Granju
sunny East TN
owner of a number of Fiats built prior to 1986
mmudge
mille club

Post by mmudge » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:59 pm

Yes, Greyhound can get weird now and then. But you have to ask at the drop off point if there are any transfers in the loop. I'd prefer other more substantial carriers in a real important mailing, but for this load....not too concerned. :)