The all purpose conversational forum
cjwaters
mille club
Last Name:

Re: Blocked Out License Plate #'s

Post by cjwaters » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:58 am

friedman wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:59 am
But the artist in me gags at pictures of cars with crudely blacked out license plates, did they get their four year old kid to do it? Even worse is the pictures with the photographer's hand carefully located to "block" the license plate, how much work does that take?

I think I'd worry more every time you give your credit card number over the phone. If some Ukrainian scam artist wants to try and pretend to sell one of my Fiats from a picture he got here then that's his problem. Maybe it's mine when a tow truck shows up to haul off my "sold" car!
I'm with you there, Carl. The thumbs blocking the plate make me laugh/cry every time. I spent a lot of photoshop time carefully blending out the plates without messing up the rest of the image. Owners with no front plates were my heroes! :) I'm guessing most stock cell phone apps don't have any real editing software. Or maybe there's a "Thumb Out Your Plate" app! If not, we could stand to make millions!

I've had my credit card number hijacked a couple of times. Whether it was a mis-punch in a backwoods gas station or outright fraud, the one thing I have been impressed with is the efficiency of the credit card anti-fraud folks.
Courtney Waters
'86 X1/9
'78, '76, and '73 128 Sedans
'74 128 Coupe
'74 124 Sedan
'68 124 Wagon
jseabolt
seimila club
Last Name:

Post by jseabolt » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:21 pm

cjwaters wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:11 pm
In California at the time, you could report someone to the air resources board for a smoky tailpipe by calling an 800 phone number.
Talk about Nazi Blockers!

I was reading in a magazine years ago where the guy writing the article about his car (a 70s BMW I think) said someone reported him to the smog nazis because of some blue smoke being emitted from his tail pipe. And he had to have the engine rebuilt or something.

I always thought if I was going to pose in a photo with my car, I'd block out my eyes like AC/DC did in their Dirty Deads album cover:

jseabolt
seimila club
Last Name:

Post by jseabolt » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:22 pm

cjwaters wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:58 am

I've had my credit card number hijacked a couple of times. Whether it was a mis-punch in a backwoods gas station or outright fraud, the one thing I have been impressed with is the efficiency of the credit card anti-fraud folks.
My wife does this to me all the time!