14" Panasport rim

FIAT cars and parts wanted
jseabolt
seimila club
Last Name:

14" Panasport rim

Post by jseabolt » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:55 pm

I know it's a long shot but it's been awhile. I'm looking for a used 14" Panasport wheel as a spare. It can be any condition was long as it's not cracked or has suffered road rash. Meaning the paint can be flaking off it. I'd end up having it polished like my other four wheels.
friedman
mille club
Last Name:

Re: 14" Panasport rim

Post by friedman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:05 am

Just be careful with fitment in the spare tire well as apparently 14" wheels and tires won't fit (too high I think).
Carl in Virginia
80 spider
86 Bertone
77 X1/9
jseabolt
seimila club
Last Name:

Post by jseabolt » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:10 pm

friedman wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:05 am
Just be careful with fitment in the spare tire well as apparently 14" wheels and tires won't fit (too high I think).
I'm not planning on keeping it in the trunk. I'm just wanting to get one and keep it on hand in case one of mine ever were to crack. I realize you can buy Fiat 500 wheels similar to the Panasports but I'm sure they are not identical.

I guess I could buy two wheels slightly wider and put them on the back and tell people, "I meant to do that". As Pee Wee Herman would say....

Or buy just two of these 15" wheels and put them on the back. But I'm concerned the offset maybe different.

Will any of these Fiat 500 wheels work on a 124 Spider as far as offset is concerned?

Case in point:

I can't get replacement wheels for my Chevy van that the company who did the conversion used. Or even the center caps for that matter. They are plastic and one of them broke. I had to use some universal center caps I got from Summit and make a spacer to go between the wheels and hubs to make up the difference. And some new chrome lug nuts now the lug nuts are exposed.

I did some research on this Castalloy company that made the wheels. They are an aluminum casting company in Australia. Apparently they went bankrupt a few years ago. Harley Davidson contracted this company to make parts for them. Since the company had all the casts, HD decided to just buy the company rather than having to find another supplier to make their parts.
PhillySpider
Last Name: Gomolinski
First Name: Mike

Post by PhillySpider » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:54 am

[/quote]

I guess I could buy two wheels slightly wider and put them on the back and tell people, "I meant to do that". As Pee Wee Herman would say....[/quote]

I believe that's called "staggered"...go with that :)
"Life is what happens while you're busy making plans"
Garage:
1980 FI Spider 2000 MT
2014 Audi A4 MT
2014 Mercedes C300 AT
mamsterla
Last Name: Amster
First Name: Michael

Post by mamsterla » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:13 pm

Contact TopEnd Performance https://www.racetep.com/panasport-wheel ... 5-x-6.html. They are Panasport resellers and can get you a good price on a new wheel if you just need 1. I will probably order a set of 14" for my car when I am done with the other stuff.