X1/9 Front C/A & Radius Rod Assemblies

FIAT cars and parts wanted
fiat850
quattromila club
Last Name:

X1/9 Front C/A & Radius Rod Assemblies

Post by fiat850 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:01 am

I'm trying to help a friend of mine with a theft-recovery X1/9, hopefully our little Fiat community can lend a hand? This car was stripped of a lot of random items (which I'll probably post another "Wanted" ad about later), but our main priority for now is simply to get the car back onto a full suspension setup & able to roll around the workshop/storage area. To do so, we need the following items in good, used condition:

Left & right front suspension lower control arms with original mounting hardware at inner end.

Left & right front suspension radius rods with mounting hardware at both ends (bolts at rear end to fasten rod to control arm, plus the bushings/washers/nut at front end to fasten the radius rod to the L-shaped mounting bracket on the car body [his car still has the L-brackets attached to the car]).

If anyone has any of these items sitting around (say, from a stripped/wrecked/parts car or something?), we could sure put 'em back to use! If you're in the So. Cal. (LA/OC/SanBern/Riverside) area, I can pick these up in person from you, any further & shipping will need to be discussed. Thanks! ;)
---------------------------------------------------
Jeff Stich
fiat850
quattromila club
Last Name:

Re: X1/9 Front Radius Rods/Hardware

Post by fiat850 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:48 am

So I've managed to pick up a pair of NOS lower control arms (thanks, Calvin), but still need the mounting hardware for the inner ends where they bolt onto the underside of the car. Basically items 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 (maybe, the NOS c/a's might already have them installed in the bushings?) and 9 in this diagram:

x19frontcontrolarm.jpg
x19frontcontrolarm.jpg (157.62 KiB) Viewed 147 times

We also still need a pair of front radius rods with hardware; parts 1-5, 8-13 & 15 as shown in this diagram:

x19frontradiusrod.jpg
x19frontradiusrod.jpg (197.17 KiB) Viewed 147 times

Anybody have some of these lying around?
---------------------------------------------------
Jeff Stich