An idiot abroad

Pictures of your baby.
SimcaBertone66
Last Name: DeGasperis
First Name: Joseph

Re: An idiot abroad

Post by SimcaBertone66 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:43 am

I am proud to say that the wife, a few days ago , seeing two Simca hubcaps in the dish drainer after a bit of a quick " wash up " in the sink, said to me and I quote " let me put them in the dishwasher for you honey" ..... that is why we are still married and on speaking terms after 46 yr years....... as for the limit on the number of cars is ..... a non issue.... :D
Joe DeGasperis
cgranju
mille club
Last Name:

Post by cgranju » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:21 am

I guess come to think of it today, my wife's issue with a head count of cars has only to do with driveway navigation. I've kept that good despite a relatively large count, but my older kids have done an effective job of supplying the proverbial "straw" with some extended stays and most recently knocking the corner off of one & it being towed back to the house. It's probably a conspiracy!
Chris Granju
sunny East TN
owner of a number of Fiats built prior to 1986
friedman
mille club
Last Name:

Post by friedman » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:26 pm

I think the unspoken message is that money spent on "stupid cars" could better be spent on the wife, or kids or grandkids. I'd say this is a Jewish mother thing but I'm sure it's also a Christian mother, Moslem mother, Italian mother, far left Republican mother...............................etc.

So it's safe to say it's a mother of a problem.

JD, my wife would wonder why I'm washing the dog's dishes since the dog passed away a few weeks ago.

I think the cold is getting to me.
Carl in Virginia
75 spider
86 Bertone
77 X1/9
SimcaBertone66
Last Name: DeGasperis
First Name: Joseph

Post by SimcaBertone66 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:17 am

Carl. that sucks .... resentful about you spending your money on "stupid cars" that would be better spent on her, or the kids or grand's....

We have separate finances and contribute equally to household, expenses. As she is the CFO, I get a bimonthly bill that covers my portion of common expenses, plus insurance and gas bill for "my cars " the 500L and the 911..... the others are insured by Haggerty, plus her retirement accounts has about ten time what is still left in mine. ..... plus she knows the difference between a Bugatti and a Delehaye, NASCAR from IMSA, Indy Car from F1..... we have a very good life, and share each others interests with love and pride....
Joe DeGasperis
friedman
mille club
Last Name:

Post by friedman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:22 am

It's Ok, I'm just a family oriented stand-up comic with no place to stand up. The core of DCfiats is made up of guys around my age and I think our wives have now reached the point were they are calmly waiting for us to come in out of the garage and declare "god, I'm too old for this [expletive]" I'm not planning on that happening for at least another 15 years!
Carl in Virginia
75 spider
86 Bertone
77 X1/9
bnam2
Last Name: Nambisan
First Name: Byas

Post by bnam2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:08 am

scrapironchef wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:31 pm
ramzi wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:54 am
Here I thought I was the only one washing parts in the dishwasher and misleading my wife on the number of cars we have (not necessarily or legally own). :lol:
I bought my wife an ultrasnic cleaner for her jewelry, the fact that is is large enough to hold a carburator was just a happy coincidence...
Ha, ha! I did that too...

And had painted VW manifolds curing in our oven with smell of paint all over the house.
Byas
1965 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet with 1600twin-cam
!971 VW 1302LS Convertible in original condition
1965 KG - under restoration
rridge
tremila club
Last Name: ridge
First Name: richard

Post by rridge » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:19 pm

I used to know an old car collector that seemed to have cars stashed away in half the garages and barns in our town. When he acquired a car he did not yet have a home for he would park it at the curb in the neighborhood at a sufficient distance from the house not to raise the suspicion of his wife. That give him time to break the news of the latest acquisition at the most favorable moment. Sometimes her first clue that there was a new car in the offing was a call from the police dept. about an improperly tagged old car a few blocks away.

It's important to remember that for most of us, when we are on our deathbeds, the hand we will be holding belongs to the spouse who laundered our grease stained clothes and tolerated the driveways blocked with our latest projects, not the niece who has been promised the '54 Buick convertible.
Richard
'81 Turbo Spider
Rockville, MD
friedman
mille club
Last Name:

Post by friedman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:15 am

Wise words from the man who just set me up for another car confrontation with my wife.
Carl in Virginia
75 spider
86 Bertone
77 X1/9
davedecker4
Last Name: Decker
First Name: Dave

Post by davedecker4 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:36 pm

Touche Carl!
It's also key to remember to open the window, turn on the fan and air out the kitchen after baking the powder coat in the oven. There's always a *chance* you won't get caught this way. Or at least mitigate the damage.
Dave Decker
a 'couple' Fiats and Lancia's
andy
Last Name:

Post by andy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:04 pm

bake cookies right after the powder coat....
Andy Jossy
Medford, Oregon
68 124 Coupe
72 128 Autocross car
82 124 Spider
86 X 1/9
88 Yugo
14 500e