non fiat-how does paypal work

The all purpose conversational forum
AZRuss124
Last Name: Wakefield
First Name: Russ

non fiat-how does paypal work

Post by AZRuss124 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 am

I'm purchasing a musical instrument from a guy in Minnesota. I want to figure out how to pay him with assurances that my money won't just disappear. As I recall paypal offers some protection here. Can someone tell me how paypal works and if it is the right vehicle for this. Thanks
davedecker4
Last Name: Decker
First Name: Dave

Re: non fiat-how does paypal work

Post by davedecker4 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:53 am

Yes, it should be an appropriate vehicle for this. You can just register with your most common email, and then use it for your paypal username. What buyer protections there are apply only when the entire transaction is done through ebay or paypal or both. If you don't get your item, you can lodge a complaint through them. Also provides methods to communicate and make arrangements. You register with paypal and link it to your credit card or bank account. It will deduct right away when you buy something. If you sell something, it will give you a paypal balance which you can then use to buy other things, or you can transfer it to your bank account (which is not instant for some reason...). I've used it to buy Fiat parts on ebay mostly but it can be used for other things too. Let us know if that helps.
Dave Decker
a 'couple' Fiats and Lancia's